If you have just started freelancing, you must be confused about skills. People don’t know what skills to work on. Most of the new freelancers choose the skill that has more gigs and orders. After that, their freelancing career is half over. In today’s article, we will know the best skills for freelancing.
If you search on Google what are the best skills? All the articles will tell you some more competition skills. Among these, if you start working on a skill, it may take you several months to get into the top 10. Sometimes you may not even make it to the top 10.
Today we will learn how you can do your research and choose the right skill that will benefit you. By following these steps you can work on finding the perfect skill for you.
Skills on which you should not work
You need to be very careful when choosing skills. As you all know AI (Artificial Intelligence) is expanding very fast. There were many tasks that were very difficult at first but AI has made it easy.
Also, Read Start Freelancing with No Experience
So seeing what AI can do in seconds if you learn these skills, you can never succeed. Following are some of the skills that AI has made much easier.
- Photo Editing & Photo retouching is now done with AI
- Background images of photos are now removed with the help of AI websites.
- Noise reduction is now removed with the help of AI
- Logo designing is also done with the help of AI
These are some skills that AI has made so easy that it is pointless to work on these skills.
How to choose Skill in Freelancing
If you are new to freelancing, let’s know how you can choose a skill.
If you want to work as a social media manager, you can search for it on Fiver and see its competition and orders, etc.
In the screenshot below you can see that there are 48,692 services on this skill. This will give you an idea of the competition for the gig.
In the screenshot below you can see that the first gig has 70 orders in the queue. Its basic plan starts at 58,632 Rupees. If there is competition in this gig, the earning is also very high۔
If you are new to this field, you cannot succeed unless you have an idea of the work. YouTube is the best platform to learn about any skill. Search YouTube for the skill you want to work on and watch some videos about it. This will let you know what to learn in this skill.
As soon as you watch a few videos on this skill, you will know whether you can work on it or not. There are many skills that you don’t even know you have. But after searching for it, you get to know whether you can work on it or not.
After watching some videos about it you can figure it out. You have an interest in the skill you are going to work on or you can learn it and be successful or not.
If you don’t like this skill, you can go to another skill and choose a good skill by researching carefully.
Which Platform is Best for Freelancing
There are hundreds of freelancing platforms. You can earn money by working on these platforms. Following are some of the platforms you can do freelancing on.
Fiver ranks in the top 10 in freelancing. There are millions of freelancers and clients on this platform. Fiver was launched in 2010 and its users are increasing day by day. At Fiver, you get end-to-end encryption and security.
Peopleperhour is also one of the best freelancing platforms for freelancing. Peopleperhour launched in 2007 and is now considered one of the best freelancing platforms. On this platform, you can find clients in almost every category. Popular categories include video editing, graphic designing, translation, and social media management.
Upwork is also a tremendous freelancing platform. This platform was launched in 2013 and now its clients are increasing daily. This platform has all kinds of clients that you can earn by providing services.
Things to keep in mind while choosing a Freelancing platform
There are many freelancing platforms in the market that you can work on. But if you want to find a reliable and good platform then follow some points below. If you choose to keep these points in mind, you can succeed in freelancing.
- Reputation and trustworthiness: Before working on any freelancing website it is very important to know about its reputation and trust. For this, TrustPilot will help you a lot in this regard. On this, you will know about the rating of this website and the experience of people.
- User Base and Job Opportunities: There are many platforms for freelancing. But choose a platform that has more clients. If there are no clients on any platform then you will not get orders
- Payment Protection and Security: Before selecting any freelancing platform it is very important to know about its payment security. Freelancing is work for payment. There is no point in choosing this platform if you don’t want end-to-end encryption.
- Communication and Support: Communication and chat support are very important for working online. Choose a platform that allows you to communicate directly with clients.
- Portfolio and Profile Features: Review the platform’s portfolio and profile features to showcase your work and skills effectively. Consider whether the platform allows you to upload samples, display your portfolio, and highlight your experience and qualifications.
Fiver has hundreds of categories you can work on. But you have to choose a category that interests you and your mindset allows you to work on it easily. If you choose a category by seeing more orders on gigs of any category, it is very difficult to rank in that category.
So let’s see some frequently asked questions about this article.
What is the best skill for Freelancing?
Freelancing is the scope of every category but for this, you must have interest and experience in this field. People tell you a few top categories that you can work on but the competition is very high. The scope is what you have experience and interest in.
What is the easiest freelance job?
Any job in freelancing is easy in which you have experience and interest. Whatever job your mind says you can do, you can easily do it.
Is freelancing very difficult?
Freelancing seems difficult in the beginning because it is difficult to get the first order. But when your reputation is built and orders start coming in, it becomes routine work and there is no difficulty.
Hi, I am Samar Abbas Saqib. I am Tech Blogger. I am working in the Blogging field since 2017. I share tips and tricks related to Computer, Internet, Mobile, and Digital Marketing. My aim is to provide tech info in an easy way.