Suppose you are tired of working in the office from morning to evening. And you get very little money in return. And you want to start your career. So freelancing can be the best solution for you. Here we will learn how to start freelancing with no experience.
As a freelancer, you can choose your projects, set your schedule, and work from anywhere in the world. But what if you don’t have any experience? Not to worry! In this article, we will learn how to Start Freelancing with no experience. From identifying your skills to finding clients and setting up your business, we’ll cover everything you need to know to start freelancing and take charge of your professional life.
What is Freelancing
Freelancing is a form of self-employment in which an individual works alone on a project, instead of working on a salary in a company. Freelancers have the freedom to choose their projects and clients.
7 Steps to Start Freelancing with no experience
If you want to start freelancing as a beginner then follow these steps.
1. Assess your skills and interests:
If you want to succeed in freelancing. So first of all you should find the skills within yourself.
For example, if you go to the market. There is a lot of rush at the electrician’s shop. And he is making a lot of money. You also open a shop in comparison. But you have no skills. You can never succeed. Even if a customer comes. But if you don’t do your thing right, you can never succeed.
So first you have to find the skills within yourself. In which field are you an expert? This will help you identify potential areas to focus on and narrow down your options.
I believe that everyone has a talent, ability, or skill that he can mine to support himself and to succeed in life.Dean Koontz
2. Join a community:
If you want to be successful in any field., it is necessary to know what your competitors are doing. You can join freelancing communities and see what people are working on. And which topic is trending. For this, you can join these platforms.
- Quora: Quora is a question-and-answer platform. Anyone can ask any question by creating an account on it. There are many freelancers on Quora. If you have any questions you can ask them on quora. You can guess this too. What people are asking about most?
- Reddit: Reddit is also a forum like Quora. On which you can put your cover. People answer your question. On it, you see many questions or topics that are trending.
- Facebook, and Whatsapp Groups: There are many free and paid freelancer groups on Facebook and WhatsApp. Mostly these groups are for beginners. Freelancing experts run these groups. In these groups, they give you a lot of tips. Which can benefit you a lot.
3. Choose the best Freelancing Platform
There are many freelancing platforms available, and the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and the types of projects you’re interested in. Here are a few popular options
Also, Read How to choose best skills for Freelancing
Upwork: Upwork is a popular freelancing platform that offers many benefits, but it also has its drawbacks. Here are some pros and cons of using Upwork as a freelancer
Fiver: Fiver is a well-known name in the field of freelancing.
Freelancer.com:Freelancer.com is a popular online marketplace where businesses and individuals can hire freelance professionals for a wide range of services.
PeoplePerHour: PeoplePerHour is a platform that focuses on connecting freelancers with small businesses, and offers a variety of project categories including web development, design, writing, and more.
Guru: Guru is a platform that offers a wide range of projects, from programming and web development to writing and translation.
4. Build a Portfolio:
Building a portfolio is a crucial step for any freelancer, as it allows you to showcase your skills and experience to potential clients. Here are a few tips for building a strong portfolio:
- Choose your best work: If you are creating a portfolio. So try to include your best work in your portfolio. The first impression is the last impression. If your displayed work in your portfolio is not good. People will never be impressed with your work and will delegate the work to someone else.
- Show a variety of work: Include a range of different types of work in your portfolio, to showcase your versatility and ability to handle different types of projects.
- Use Visuals: If you want to make your portfolio more attractive. Then use images and visual elements in your portfolio.
- Add client reviews: Including testimonials from satisfied clients can help build trust and credibility with potential clients.
- Keep it up-to-date: Keep updating your portfolio regularly. This will make your clients feel that you are active and working.
5. Charge the right price: If you want to succeed in freelancing. So you have to set the pricing of your work very carefully. Most people want more work for less money.
For example, if you write an article. So others are charging ten dollars to write an article. So you should write better and more words article in less money.
Also, Read What is Fiverr Gig
It is very important to consider this thing carefully to gain confidence in the beginning. When your reputation increases. Then you can charge the price you want.
6. Publish professional Gig:
If you want to get more orders, your gig should be professional. If someone wants to hire a freelancer for a job. So at first your gig shows. The following tips can help you create a professional gig.
- Define your target audience: Understand who your audience is and tailor your gig to their needs and interests.
- Understand the blog’s style and tone: Research the topic on which you are creating a gig, what people have written, and what people search for. Also, make sure your gig contains all the information a person would search for.
- Use a catchy title: The title of your gig is the first thing that clients see. When he searches for something. If your title is impressive, they will definitely click on your gig.
- Provide samples of your previous work: If you have previously completed an order on this topic. So make sure to sample it in your gig. This will allow him to judge your expertise in the field by looking at your work.
- State your rates: If you check the gig of any freelancing platform, the price is clearly visible on it. So if you are a beginner then write the price of the project lower than others. So that more people click on your gig.
- Use SEO: If you want your gig to rank first then proper SEO of your gig is necessary. Follow the following points for the SEO gig.
- Use keywords in your title and gig description
- Optimize your images
- Use tags
- Use a catchy title
- Include customer testimonials
- Update your gig regularly
- Promote your gig
7. Deliver Beyond Expectations:
If you are new to freelancing. So if you get the first order. So you have to fulfill the needs of the customer along with giving him some bonus.
For example, if a client asks you to write me an article of 500 words. So you can either give him a discount on your payment or write 600 words instead of 500 words. This will increase the client’s trust in you. And will work with you next time too.
20 Most Demanded Freelancing Skills:
Freelancing has become increasingly popular in recent years, with more and more people opting to work independently and on their terms. As a result, the demand for certain freelancing skills has risen, making them more valuable than ever before.
- Graphic design
- Content writing
- Data entry
- Digital Marketing
- Video editing
- Virtual assistance
- Project management
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media management
- App development (iOS, Android)
- 3D modeling and animation
- Photo Editing
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Customer service
- Business Consulting
- Event planning
- Programming (Python, C++, Java, C#)
Benefits of Freelancing:
There are a lot of benefits of freelancing. Some of them are as follows.
- Flexibility: There is no time constraint in freelancing. You can do it at home whenever your heart desires.
- Increased earning potential: If you are doing a job and you have skills. So you can make a good income by joining freelancing part-time.
- Skill diversification: Freelancing allows you to work on different projects. And you can work on whatever skill you specialize in.
- Networking opportunities: freelancing can lead to meeting new people and building a professional network.
Conclusion: Freelancing is a vast field. If you think you will start getting orders after joining a freelancing platform today, then you are wrong. It will take your time. You have to learn this field. And at the same time, you have to provide quality to customers. If you work with hard work and dedication, there is no doubt that you will be successful.
Now let’s see frequently asked questions about this article.
Which freelancing is best for beginners?
There are many platforms in the market. But some of them are as follows.
How can a beginner learn to freelance?
If a beginner wants to learn to freelance. So it is very important to follow the following points.
Develop a specific skill or set of skills
Build a portfolio of work
Network with other freelancers and professionals
Get familiar with tools and platforms commonly used by freelancers.
Which skill is most in demand for freelancing?
Search engine optimization (SEO)
What qualification is required for freelancing?
You don’t need a degree for freelancing. Rather, you need skills. The more skills the more successful you will be in freelancing.
Hi, I am Samar Abbas Saqib. I am Tech Blogger. I am working in the Blogging field since 2017. I share tips and tricks related to Computer, Internet, Mobile, and Digital Marketing. My aim is to provide tech info in an easy way.