You may have heard about freelancing from many people who say they are freelancers or someone they know is doing it. So if you have this question in your mind, what is freelancing in Pakistan? What is its scope and how much money can be earned from it, then all these questions are answered in this article.
Let’s start with what is freelancing and how much money people are making from it. If you read this article completely, I am confident that all of your questions about freelancing will be solved.
What is freelancing in Pakistan
Freelancing is a part-time job in Pakistan. But many people are also doing it as a full-time job. In freelancing, a freelancer provides services to people online at home. You get clients for whatever skill you have. Freelancing can be done at home whenever you want. In this, you can charge the rates as per your wish.
Let’s look at it in more detail. In Pakistan and the rest of the world like the USA, UK, and other countries people do this job part-time. A large number of people in this job are working in a government organization or a private company.
Also, Read How to write the Best Gig Title for Fiverr
Due to the lack of salary in these jobs, people do extra work in freelancing. People don’t get enough salary in jobs so they do freelancing work to meet their needs. Freelancing has seen huge growth due to the Covid-19 lockdown.
According to Statista, the number of freelancers in the US was 57.3 million in 2017, which is expected to exceed 70.4 million in 2022. And according to estimates, if this growth continues, the number will exceed 90.1 million in 2028.
Google is the most famous company in the world. According to a March 2019 report, Google has 120,000 freelancers working for the company. This gives you an idea of the scope of freelancing.
Who is Freelancer
The freelancer term is used for a self-employed person. Which is not under any person but works independently of his own will.
Freelancers provide services to clients on various platforms. Freelancers have the freedom to find work at their own pace and charge whatever rates they want. In simple words, a person freelancing is called a freelancer.
Types of freelancing
There are many types of freelancing. But it also depends on the type of freelancer and in which industry he works. Some of the common types of freelancing that freelancers are working on are as follows.
- Creative Freelancing: Creative freelancing is done by people who have a special skill. These include graphic designing, web development, video editing, photo editing, etc.
- Consulting Freelancing: Freelancers who help an employee or company with a task come under consulting freelancing. It includes marketing, data entry, finance, etc.
- Virtual Assistance Freelancing: Freelancers in this type of freelancing provide administrative and customer support.
- Engineering Freelancing: Freelancers who specialize in the engineering field do this type of freelancing. It includes civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering.
Benefits of freelancing
The disadvantages of freelancing are few and the advantages are high. In this job, there is a lot of money, but hard work is crucial. You cannot succeed in this work in one day. Hard work and dedication are essential for success.
- Flexibility: In freelancing, you can do whatever you want. There is no time limit to this. You can work from the comfort of your own home. In this job, you can charge the rates as per your wish.
- Work-life balance: There is no time limit in freelancing. You can work any time you want. You can manage your personal life and work together well.
- Increased earning potential: In freelancing, if you have the skill then you can earn much more money than in it a traditional job. You can earn as much money in it as you want.
- Autonomy: In freelancing, you don’t work under anyone. You are your boss. You can complete it by doing whatever you want.
There are many freelancing platforms where you can offer your services. But the most famous platforms among them are as follows. There are millions of clients.
1. Upwork: Upwork is a household name in the world of freelancing. You can work on it in numerous categories. Graphic designing, video editing, translation, content writing, and web development are the top among them. Upwork has millions of clients from all over the world. Whichever field you specialize in, you will get a job in that category.
Also, Read What is a Fiverr Gig
2. Fiverr: Fiver is a household name in the world of freelancing. Most beginners start at five. Its interface is very simple and easy to operate. You can easily find clients by creating a gig on it. Clients from all over the world are on Fiver. Fiver ensures security between freelancers and clients. So the chances of fraud on it are very less.
3. Guru: The guru platform comes in the list of top 10 in freelancing. There are more than 2 million freelancers on Guru who provide their services in every field. It is also very easy to work on. You can see your skills by creating your profile on Guru. And can charge as you wish.
4.PeoplePerHour: As the name suggests, you can hire people to do your work for you by the hour. Projects on this have a fixed price and freelancers can earn a good income by completing the work. On it, you will find clients in every category. On People Per Hour, you can work in many categories including web designing, graphic designing, logo designing, transcription, etc.
5. Freelancer: Freelancer is also a platform used worldwide. It has millions of clients. On Freelancer, you can work in Video Editing, Voiceover, Audio Editing, Graphic Designing, and Web Development category. It is very easy to work and you can earn a very good income by working hard.
Freelancing is based on skills. If you don’t have the skill then you can earn good money by learning from YouTube for free. You get the clients of the category you want. People are making thousands of dollars freelancing from home. As you work, your reputation increases and you get more and more orders. But the condition for this is that you work with hard work and dedication.
Here are some frequently asked questions about this article.
What are top freelancing skills?
Every job is in demand in freelancing. Some of the skills that are in high demand include web designing, graphic designing, logo designing, audio editing, virtual assisting, digital marketing, etc.
How much do beginner freelancers earn?
There is no fixed salary in freelancing. The more orders you get and complete, the more money you get. But the average freelancer earns $300 to $500 per month. But this earnings depends on the orders.
What skills do I need for freelancing?
There is no skill restriction in freelancing that you cannot work on except for these skills. You can offer your services with whatever skill you have. But some of the popular skills include web designing, social media management, digital marketing, and graphic designing.
Hi, I am Samar Abbas Saqib. I am Tech Blogger. I am working in the Blogging field since 2017. I share tips and tricks related to Computer, Internet, Mobile, and Digital Marketing. My aim is to provide tech info in an easy way.