Is your mobile phone running out of storage? Or is Your mobile showing storage full notification? Whatever the problem. In this article, I will teach you how to move Apps to SD Cards without hassle.
In new mobile phones, there is a lot of storage. But in older versions, you will face storage issues.
Whenever you buy a new cell phone, a lot of system storage occupies the mobile operating system. In smartphones, pre-installed apps like Netflix, Daraz, etc occupy a lot of storage.
Mobile phones working on Andriod version 6,7,8 support SD card slots. But in the latest versions, there is no memory card slot. The reason is that these smartphones have a lot of built-in storage.
Also, Read How to Unlock iPhone Easily
Suppose your smartphone supports an SD card. Then it not only allows you to store photos and videos. It also lets you move apps from Internal storage to an SD card.
Andriod Versions which support SD card moving option
Smartphones running on Andriod 9,10,11 does not support this option.
Mobiles running on Andriod 5,6,7,8 support the option of this moving app. New devices have a lot of internal storage so there is no need for external storage. Due to this reason, these versions do not support SD cards.
Before learning, you should check whether your device supports the SD card option. When it is confirmed then follow this method.
Move apps to SD card using Apps Manager
If your smartphone running out of storage then try this method. There is no need for an external app. This option is available in your mobile setting.
The method is described with screenshots.
- Open your smartphone setting option. You can find this option in the apps menu.
- Find the Apps option in the Setting option.
- The select app you want to move to SD card
- Tap on the Storage option as shown in the screenshot below.
- Tap the change option. If you cannot see the changed option. Then this app cannot be moved to the memory card. Some apps are not moveable.
- Tap on the Move option. If you want to move this app again to your internal storage. Then simply click on the change option again. It will move into your internal storage.
Use Memory Card as Internal Storage
If your mobile does not support the app moving option. In this situation try this method. This method will help you to use an SD card as Internal storage or your smartphone.
Also Read How to Record Calls on iPhone
This trick format your SD card and use it as Internal storage. In some devices, this option will also not work. Many mobile companies remove this option.
You can do this in a few steps.
- Open the Setting option on mobile.
- Click on the Storage option.
- Select the SD Card option.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Now click on the Storage Setting option.
- Tap Format as Internal Storage option as shown in the screenshot.
- Click on erase and format SD card option.
- Tap on the Move option to complete the process.
- Now your SD card is formatted successfully and you can use it as Internal storage.
Move apps using the third-party application
If the above method does not work properly. This method will surely work. You need to use a third-party application for this method.
There are a lot of apps available on the Google Play Store.
The most common apps are.
You can do this by using this method.
Pro Tip: I recommend you to use AppMgr apk. Because this app is the most popular and works very fine. Its rating is also above 4.
All the above options are 100% working. So if method one does not work. Try method no 2. Follow all the steps as shown in the screenshots. If you have any option. Feel free to contact me. I am available 24 hours for your help.
How do I move apps directly to my SD card?
You can move apps by using the following methods.
Using the Setting option in Apps manager. This option move apps.
Using any third-party app such as AppMgr.
Why can’t I move apps to an SD card anymore?
In Android 6,7,8 moving apps to an SD card works. But in 9,10 versions this option not works. In the latest mobiles lot of storage is available. So there is no need for extra storage. People also change the location of the app and use this app in mods. So this option is not available.
Can all apps be moved to an SD card?
No, Some apps are not moveable. But almost 80% of apps are easily moveable. In Andriod 9 and 10 apps moving to the SD card option is not available.
Hi, I am Samar Abbas Saqib. I am Tech Blogger. I am working in the Blogging field since 2017. I share tips and tricks related to Computer, Internet, Mobile, and Digital Marketing. My aim is to provide tech info in an easy way.